Staff Accountant – Full Time, VFS, LLC, Nashville, TN
Posted 2 years ago
Vita Finance Services is a business management company that serves entrepreneurs. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bookkeeping, the preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecasts, tax return prep, financial statement cleanup and ad hoc consulting projects. It is our duty to chart the greatest course of action for our clients which includes preservation, growth and/or execution of their financial plans. Doing so allows us to bring them peace and financial predictability and to facilitate their ability to reach their fullest professional and personal goals.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial recordkeeping in adherence to
business management related policies and procedures, including AR, AP, Bank Reconciliations,
and other GL Account Reconciliations.
- Review & post journal entries for expense coding.
- Monitor transactions & accounts to ensure payments are current and processed efficiently.
- Perform credit card downloading and coding.
- Assist with year-end 1099 processing and tax packages.
- Assist the management team with the preparation of the financial statements.
- Assist the management team with New Client On-boarding procedures.
- Prepare Weekly Client communications (cash reports, weekly updates)
- Assist Senior team members as needed.
- Handle Ad hoc projects as needed.
This position requires a highly organized individual who possesses strong initiative and has the ability to complete multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. This individual must be able to communicate effectively and understands the need to work in an integrated manner with other members of the department in furtherance of goals, objectives, and knowledge.
Skills & experience requirements
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with strong academic record
- OR 3+ years of bookkeeping experience within an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across the organization
- Proficient use of QuickBooks and Excel.
- Extremely detail-oriented to create accurate and timely reports
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude & a fit with the company’s culture & values.