Accounting Assistant – Part Time, VFS, LLC, Nashville, TN
Posted 9 months ago
Vita Finance Services is a business management company that serves entrepreneurs. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bookkeeping, the preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecasts, tax return prep, financial statement cleanup and ad hoc consulting projects. It is our duty to chart the greatest course of action for our clients which includes preservation, growth and/or execution of their financial plans. Doing so allows us to bring them peace and financial predictability and to facilitate their ability to reach their fullest professional and personal goals.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Processes expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Creates and issues Invoices for goods shipped or services performed.
- Conducts follow ups on invoice collections where necessary.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills & experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Experience using QuickBooks and Excel highly preferred.
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across the organization.
- Extremely detail-oriented to create accurate and timely reports.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude & a fit with the company’s culture & values.