Account Manager – Full Time, VFS, LLC, Nashville, TN
Posted 1 year ago
Vita Finance Services is a business management company that serves entrepreneurs. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bookkeeping, the preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecasts, tax return prep, financial statement cleanup and ad hoc consulting projects. It is our duty to chart the greatest course of action for our clients which includes preservation, growth and/or execution of their financial plans. Doing so allows us to bring them peace and financial predictability and to facilitate their ability to reach their fullest professional and personal goals.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintain day to day relations with all members of the client’s management team.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in adherence to business management related
policies and procedures, including posting journal entries, account reconciliations, budgeting, cash management.
- Prepare and present financial analysis, long term cash flow analysis, and P&L reporting solutions.
- Assist in formulating the Client’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Oversee the financial operations of Client Companies.
- Prepare ad hoc financial modeling as needed and the production of budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate and reliable control systems are in place.
- Review work and confirm accuracy of staff (AP/AR, cash receipts, payroll, etc.).
- Manage third parties to which functions have been outsourced (payroll, systems, banking).
- Implement operational best business practices.
- Review schedule of all filings and reported information, providing accountability for accuracy and timeliness.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Client’s risk profile.
- Monitor insurance renewals and claims.
- Handle ad hoc projects as needed.
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter who possesses strong initiative, the ability to manage employees and in particular, through change, and the ability to complete multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. He or she needs the ability to communicate in an effectively integrated manner with other members of the department in furtherance of goals, objectives, and knowledge.
Skills & experience requirements
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or with strong academic record.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across the organization.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Extremely detail-oriented to create accurate and timely reports.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude & a fit with the company’s culture & values.